Charting a New Journey

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ghostriding the Whip

Life is easy...

That's a weird thought to have while shooting a gap between cars on the freeway at 95mph. But still, life for me has been pretty easy.


I hate that's it's not always so obvious, but I was awaiting some awesome friends at Flying Saucer earlier this afternoon wondering whether I should feel bored or lonely when it occurred to me that it was pretty incredible to have the money and free time to be sipping a nice beer awaiting some amazing friends for trivia night.

During the insanely fast drive home I had to admit that I am extremely happy with my life. I friggin' love Austin and the people that I know here. Adrenaline is way better than beer. The high from dodgeball is incredible and I will miss it in the weeks until next season. It fills me with so much energy.

In my head all of this is some kind of lead-up to the fact that dating is NOT easy. That despite how simple school, making money, throwing parties, finding things to do, etc. are... dating eludes me. I was at a couple bars tonight and I saw many couples and many people who hit on each other. I heard some stories and noticed patterns among people. They didn't match my expectations. They never do.


I don't get the whole thing. I know some fat, ugly guys that only date extremely hot women. Anywho, given how easy everything else in life is for me, I have this tendency to just assume I'm hideous or have some horrible personality trait that nobody will tell me about. I don't have another explanation for why dating is so difficult for me. I've asked about the personality a ton, so I'm going with hideous.

Man, this trailed off... there was so much to write, but I am le tired. It's not a good way to end it. So over-dramatic. I dated someone I liked a few weeks and it ended so my thoughts strayed back to my problems dating.

ACL this weekend. Good times. I am ready for ze bands and seeing friends and crazy crowds. Woo-hoo!

2 Comments:

  • Part of me envies your 'good life'. Part of me figures that I really have had a good life, considering, and it's all about how I view it. Another part realizes that I have had a pretty rough time, especially in the last 10 years or so, but I embrace it, and realize I've learned insane amounts of lessons from these things. I have a lot of parts, haha.

    Dating is crazy ridiculous, and I give you big Kudos for getting back out there on course. I'm not actively dating, and I know its crazy.

    Keep having those good times. Enjoy Austin. I'll be in/around Austin in a few months, maybe I'll see you at a party =P

    By Blogger Katie, At Wednesday, September 24, 2008  

  • Yes, come party when you're in town.

    By Blogger MarkJD, At Thursday, September 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home