Charting a New Journey

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tactless Mark

I have no tact. It's taken a long time to realize this. I think it's the summary of what everyone has described about me that is so offensive. The problem is that I don't recognize when I am being tactless. Still, I really think this is the problem. It makes sense. There's something about me that offends other people without me knowing it. Tactless.


So, knowing this I shall focus on fixing this over the next few months. Mostly, I shall attempt to talk less and listen more, but I'll also attempt to be more considerate when I do talk. I worry that this will make me even more introverted, but it's not like being extroverted made me friends anyway. Something has to change.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a good approach. Did a particular event prompt this thought about tact?

    By Blogger Lisa, At Sunday, August 24, 2008  

  • Yeah, I have no tact either. I intentionally offend people, but only as fun. I TRY and filter according to who is around me.

    Good for you for making a change that you want to make... :)

    By Blogger Katie, At Monday, August 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home