Charting a New Journey

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hmm

Not dating anyone now. But there's a big party tonight! So maybe there's hope for someone new. Either way that year of no real dating is over. I'm happy about that. And I was happy with it while it lasted. Didn't have any feeling of compromise on my part or any signs that I was attracted to the wrong kind of person.


So that's sad news. I don't know what I could have done differently, but maybe we just didn't click for her. So now I clean up the house, fill the keg, hang the pinata and invite people over to jump in the bouncy house.

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you're taking it well. And I love the "Hello, Katie" cartoon...for obvious reasons.

    By Blogger Katie, At Saturday, September 20, 2008  

  • It seems to me that you are very much focused on finding someone. You say you're happy with being single, but you talk about how it sucks in many of your blog posts.

    Look, if you really want to know my own opinions on the matter, I will share them (since you've been asking for awhile).

    Mark, you are a good guy and I know you have good intentions; I can see that from reading what you have written on the internet. But in person, you do come across as a know-it-all, and it turns some people off. God, I hope I'm not sounding mean. :( And remember that time you sprayed the water gun in the river? Those kinds of things will shut people off to you. Women are attracted to guys who are so sure of themselves they don't have to act out in those ways. Maybe if you took a step back and played in the background for awhile, women will notice the *right* things about you.

    Women aren't blind; they pick out the cute guys as soon as we enter the room. You are attractive. That is enough to make a girl be interested the moment she meets you. But if you come on too strong, if you act out too much, and right away, too, she will immediately shut down. So try hanging back, and let the girls come to you.

    In the meantime, enjoy life, enjoy what YOU are doing, and I swear your luck will improve.

    -Heather

    By Blogger Sausage Snappers, At Wednesday, October 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home