Charting a New Journey

Monday, September 29, 2008

Austin City Limits Festival

ACL = asthma


I spent the weekend doing this giant music festival in Austin known as ACL. I saw many great bands. Overall I did not like it. The dust and allergies causing me horrible asthma making it hard just to breath played a huge part in that. I loved having friends over from out of town, but the house is trashed so I feel bad about that. This place is quite dirty and I have a hard time finding the time to clean it all. Most things need cleaning literally about 10 times as often as my old apartment.


I wonder why I've felt so lonely this year. So many great things are going on in my life, but I think I have this long-term expectation that I'll always be alone. That I'm not capable of making a lasting relationship with someone I find worthwhile.


But ACL is an amazing music event. I think I prefer small venues to large ones though. I am often disappointed by large concerts. I guess it's not my thing. The sound quality wasn't great to me, but it's hard to judge when I could hardly breath.


It's always nice to see all the Austinites though. I'm glad I've now experienced the chaos of ACL. That was a TON of people stomping up some major dust storms. There were gorgeous people everywhere. It was very hot too. I am sunburned.

2 Comments:

  • I have much of the same feeling about myself being alone. From what I hear they 'come along when you least expect it', so I have nothing else to do but to hope for that.

    Even if it isn't true - Hope makes you breath a little easier - and for you, some easy breathing might do you some good :)

    By Blogger Katie, At Monday, September 29, 2008  

  • I went once, and it was enough for me. ACL isn't as amazing as everyone hypes it up to be.

    By Blogger Sausage Snappers, At Monday, September 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home