Charting a New Journey

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

I have a day off! I went to work for a couple hours anyway, but waking up late and not dressing up is wonderful. I have spent most of the day sitting around playing word twist on facebook, but it's been very nice. There's good weather outside and the chickens gathered to listen to my music when I opened the windows.


Yes, you read that right. The chickens. We have two in the backyard and the neighbors 4 chickens, turkey, and their squirrel friend were all hanging out with me as I was in and out of the backyard lifting weights earlier. Stavana's chickens are Mother Egan and Big Sexy.


Now I'm going to read some and head to trivia night at the Flying Saucer. Oh yes, but I should put something of substance in here... hmm. I keep wondering if maybe my expectations are out of whack. That most people just don't want or seek to be emotionally close to others. I started thinking everyone had those close relationships and I'm being left out, but maybe people just have shallower relationships than I expected. My last relationship was with someone very clingy. We lived together and didn't have much time apart. Maybe my expectations need to come down from that and realize that most people aren't clingy.

I'll ponder this further.

1 Comments:

  • Most girls I know are clingy - This further shows me the distance of where people stand depending on where they live.

    I don't know if its an east coast thing or what, but seriously, the majority of females I know are very much so physically clingy.

    By Blogger Katie, At Saturday, November 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home