Charting a New Journey

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Being Single

So I was typing this into the title and the same words came up. Have I really used this same title? Not so surprising I guess. I do seem to have the same topics no matter what I start to talk about.

In that theme I felt like talking about perspective and dating again. It came up today that I kind of wish I played video games, watched TV, and did all those other lazy, normal US activities. Seriously, I WANT to have a lifestyle of sitting around doing those normal married things. But until I fall in love and have such a life I'm going to have a social life. I'm going out almost every night of the week with many friends partying, drinking, and becoming the kind of person that can be very social and appeal to others.


As a single guy I work out. I wash my car. I seek a better job. I clean my apartment/house. I constantly improve myself. In many ways. I may continue to do these things when I'm hitched, but I don't know. I am creating the habits, but for now I'm pretty sure that being single is a large part of me putting exercise, cleaning, income, and being social above solo activities like video games and movies.



So I fear being married. I do wonder what life's like without the constant parties and having so many friends. I don't think I'd know of a half dozen Halloween parties if I weren't single. Still, I could find ways to fill my time. There is so much art in the world I'd like to soak up. I could write more too. Lately I've been loving The Arcade Fire. Anyone that wishes to explain the lyrics to their songs "My Body is a Cage" and "Neon Bible" is my hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home