Charting a New Journey

Friday, December 19, 2008

A Good Day

I used to be a very apathetic person. Robotic. I mentioned before that I seem to have accomplished the change to being more emotional (a bit more than I wanted). I like to think that we can control our emotions by adjusting our perspectives and expectations in life. In fact, I've been very successful at doing just that most of my life.


But lately I pay more attention to the subtleties and I have higher expectations that I'm not willing to lower as quickly as I used to. So I have bad days. But it seems that the down times are always followed by a high. I'm not claiming to be bipolar, and I don't know that this is a natural phenomenon, but I think there's a bit more brain chemistry involved than I'd like to admit.

It also makes sense that the bad moods are part of forcing yourself to adjust expectations in a more subconscious manner, but I think highs and lows typically cause dramatic swings rather than slow returns to normal. So today is a great day.


I watched Quantum of Solace last night. A good movie. Had the Live Oak Wiezenbock season (9% and awesome) and the Alamo Drafthouse's own Amber. I'm really getting into good beer. My homebrew imperial stout will be ready in about a month. But some people were buying shots at Barfly's so I'm feeling the alcohol now. Normally I just have a few beers and am fine, but if you add a few shots to it I feel the buzz (and the hangover).


Christmas snuck up on me this year. I'm doing the Trail of Lights tonight after some of Uncle Billy's beer. I've been working out more lately. I hope I can keep that habit up. It'd be nice to put on a few pounds. I have about one year to save up enough money and hope the stock market recovers to buy myself a 30th birthday sports car. Can't wait.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home