Charting a New Journey

Sunday, June 01, 2008

A new dating theory


Yes, I go back and forth a lot meaning maybe I'm overreacting, but I do so because I don't really have a good clue as to why I can't get dates or have women interested in me.

So I have swung from the idea that I'm too shy and timid to the opposite theory. It was suggested to me last night that women know when a man is interested in them. Does anyone agree or disagree with this idea? It was said that if she's not returning the interest, then the guy is probably just coming off as creepy if he pursues thinking she doesn't know of his interest.


It struck a cord with me because I have heard a lot recently that I give bad first impressions. Does anyone have an opinion on that? I have heard that I come off as gay, creepy, and arrogant. I should look into this more. Maybe instead of being too shy and timid I am too personal and don't have the normal boundaries of other people. Still, it seems so counterintuitive to be less forward and get more interest. Maybe I'll try it out though.

2 Comments:

  • Women know when a straight forward man is interested in them. If the guy hides his feelings well enough, we don't know you're interested. Just like I didn't know my NJ Governor was Gay. He hid it well.

    At any rate, we had discussed you coming across arrogant, and that could be a problem, unless there's a woman who enjoys that arrogance.

    What it boils down to is how you come across, and what you attract.

    Rule of thumb: Be what you want in another person. You want honesty; Be honest. You want intelligence; be intelligent. You want nice, charming, and affectionate. Be it.

    It might work, it might not. What do you have to lose?

    By Blogger Katie, At Monday, June 02, 2008  

  • Thanks. That's good advice. I think I am those things, but I don't really know how I appear. I get the sense that I don't come off as I think. We seem to learn outward expressions of our thoughts well before we've interacted greatly or at least before we've changed how we think.

    Hence, I sense that I am uptight and reserved like my parents even though mentally I'm one of the most laid-back people that ever walked upright. I have seen that difference of opinion between those who just met me and those who know me well. I shall ponder this further...

    By Blogger MarkJD, At Tuesday, June 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home