Charting a New Journey

Monday, April 07, 2008

Out With The Old


I'm deleting all the old blogs. It's a new start from here on out.

There are a ton of big events that I may never remember again that are being deleted forever. It's not that I'm that sad about it, but it is a sad idea. I don't spend time rereading old thoughts anyway so I'm not really losing anything, but as I delete them I regret that I don't maintain those memories. Until I am reminded of those events, I completely forget about them. So here are a few big events over the past few years:

Andrea
First job drama in Dallas
UT Rose Bowls
Skydiving
Whirlyball
Vegas
Passing the Bar!
Poker
Bar Exam coma
Holiday Bowl
The League
Elissa's crazy parties (New Year's '06)
Kathy's wedding
The Elissa breakup that began this whole thing

And a lot of talk about being alone and how people ought to be more social or caring about each other. But I think that's why I'm starting over. I did a lot of growing up and self-exploration, but I was disappointed overall with how it was received by others. I shall work on that problem. I'll try to figure out how to talk about issues in my life without sounding whiny or arrogant.

Life is very good for me lately. Rereading some of this stuff gives me the perspective to realize that I've grown and improved in many ways. Many of my biggest problems sound like they were worse a couple years ago. I'll try to stay more positive from now on. I don't want to have an upbeat blog, but I can make others think and share what inspires me without complaining I guess.

In part I am also starting over because being so open has gotten me into trouble with two jobs now. I am not yet certain how to reconcile that. I don't want to be less open, but there seem to be plenty of people out there who seek any opportunity to harm others. I still trust and care for people, but my livelihood is important to me. I have been unemployed and poor a couple times now and it is not fun. Any suggestions on that topic?

As always, all thoughts are greatly appreciated. I hate the idea of keeping a journal, but I blog so that I may receive other people's perspectives on my thoughts. I blog to reach out to and connect with other people. So feel free to share your ideas in the comments.

Wow, that was a lot of blogs to delete. Law school is just a blur in my mind...

2 Comments:

  • I've recently learned the responsibility of the first comment on a new blog entry, and wanted to write something meaningful. So, I'm going to give you a lil bit of history, from my first ever blog entry:

    Loneliness is a good thing to share with someone else - Posted by Cindy at 6:53 PM on Aug 18, 2004

    CuriousDragon said...Very funny reason to blog. I like it. Hope it's not all disagreements. More like enlightening and opening you up. I don't try to make people like me, but I pick on their them a lot. I'm still a boy at heart ;-)
    (Thursday, Aug 19,2004 11:31 PM)

    Hey, knowing where we've been helps us better appreciate where we're going, right? You told me that once. And, I'm learning that sometimes it's the most bittersweet moments/memories that teach us the most. So, best wishes with your new blog and your new start. I'm interested in hearing what other changes are in the works. Also, I think you should watch, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." And start taking ginkgo biloba : )

    By Blogger Cindyisms, At Tuesday, April 08, 2008  

  • I think it's sad that you deleted everything. I believe there is value in building on events from the past and learning rather than erasing and starting new repeatedly. I've learned that you and I differ on that value though. Good luck on your new version of yourself.

    By Blogger Lisa, At Wednesday, April 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home